Export Panelized Homes
History of Timber Truss Export:
- First export package shipped in 1988
- First large project shipped to German contractor, Zublin, in Vilsek, Germany, for a large military housing project.
- Other large single family export packages were shipped to Spain, Chile, and Germany.
- 1000 homes sent to various sites in Israel when the Russian Jews were allowed to return to Israel in the early nineties.
- Export packages or containerized house packages have been sent to Germany, Israel, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Cypress, Japan, Korea, China, Chile, Greece and Mexico.
- Timber Truss Housing Systems is located near one of the world's largest ports in Norfolk, Virginia.
First framed house in Israel
"Virginia" Village in Falkenstein, Germany
Why use an export panelized home package?
- Economical, fast construction times, renewable wood resources, low carbon footprint, custom designed architectural plans for local cultural and geographical demands.
- Structurally engineered systems to meet local country code and structural requirements.
- Structural wood components are designed to fit into containers for easy shipping anywhere in the world.
- The latest in energy efficient windows, energy saving door systems, high levels of insulation to give high R-values.
- Low heating and cooling energy consumption for lower energy bills.
- Green building concepts, long lasting exterior finish systems, low maintenance materials are included in our export house packages.
- Easy wood framed panelized construction methods, minimum labor needed, minimum amounts of tools needed and fast turnaround times that save on interest from construction loans.
Wood components fit easily into containers
Custom designs for cultural demands of each Country
Fast erection of wall panels will "dry in" a house very quickly
Wall panels at German site ready for erection
Speed and Economy
- Containerized packages are easily shipped to anywhere in the world.
- The wood framed wall panels and wood trusses erect very quickly with a minimum of labor.
- The home designs can be planned to reflect cultural requirements and architecture of any region of the world.
- More economic in total costs than most typical masonry construction techniques.
- Many of the homes we export can be "under roof" in 5 days or less.
- The manufactured components are built under quality controls and inside a weather protected factory where it is easier to control quality, material use, and construction details with workers that have been doing the same jobs for many years.
Typical masonry method of building in Europe
Indoor construction of majority of structural parts of house
Various stages of panelized construction in Israel
Typical construction with older technology
Timber Truss loading a container in Salem, Va. USA
Custom package sent to Santander, Spain
- Structural designs are easily adaptable to high coastal wind loads or high snow loads in mountainous or high latitude regions.
- As we determine the exact structural wood components to carry your loads we can integrate them into the architectural designs created at Timber Truss.
- In-house engineering design capability and architectural design capability affords total flexibility to your requirements.
- Designs that will blend local construction techniques with the wood components using wall panels, floor trusses and roof trusses.
TrussMark Home near Bremen, Germany
200 Home project in Israel
Structural designs for each Country's load requirements
- Timber Truss has 20 years experience in design, estimating, and logistical strategies to help you with your international projects.
- We have gained valuable experience in using the metric system and providing design documents in the metric system for job site understanding.
- Our estimators are experienced in quoting international projects and understand how they must fit into containers.
- We have loaded and shipped approximately 2000 containers to 12 different countries with minimal product damage due to transit load shifting.
- A quality control loading system is in place to carefully assure that the materials are loaded in the right quantities.
- Our loading docks are completely indoors so that loading can continue regardless of outside weather conditions.
By containerizing we can ship anywhere in the world
Custom designed plans per country and in metric dimensions
Ocean freight is fast, reliable, and economical
Our factory is located only 300 miles from a port